With fall right around the corner I thought I would share two of our favorite crockpot recipes. These recipes are easy.
Chicken Bean Potato Chowder
- 9-10 small red potatoes cut into chunks, 1 inch
- 1 1/2 cups of diced or chopped celery
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 3/4 cup yellow corn – I prefer frozen but you could try canned
- 2 garlic cloves minced – you can add more if you like just depends on your taste buds
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken low sodium broth
- 1 can of black beans (you can use 2 if you don’t want to add the chicken)
- 2 lbs of cooked shredded chicken
- pepper to taste
Throw in the crockpot and cook on low about 7 hours. May take a little less or a little more time depending on your crockpot. My crockpot it is usually 7 hours.
You could easily make this however you wanted, whether you wanted the protein in it or not. Just add the beans to keep it vegetarian. You can also omit the protein altogether and just have the veggies. So many possibilities with this recipe.
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots chopped or shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced – you can add less or more depending on your taste buds
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 cans of any kind of beans you like, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 to 1.5 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth, depends on how thick or thin you like your soup
Spray a medium sized pan with olive oil and heat over medium high. Cook ground meat until no longer pink. Drain meat after cooked and add to crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot, stir, and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
I hope you love these recipes as much as we do and feel free to experiment with different amounts or adding/taking away ingredients.
What are your favorite crockpot recipes?