New Years has come and gone. Once again I sat down and mapped out my goals I wanted to accomplish in 2016. The first thing i did though was look back over 2015’s goals and see how I did. To be honest I thought I did horrible but after looking over all last years goals I accomplished 75% of them. For me this is amazing! I was so happy that I had accomplished that much.
My goals for 2016 were scaled back a bit to help account for the new baby arriving in June. When a baby comes there just isn’t anytime for anything else except sleeping, eating, and taking care of baby for at least the first 6-8 weeks.
My theme word for the Year is FOCUS. My brain was all over the place most of last year along with alot of things I wanted to get accomplished. There just wasn’t alot of streamlining to get things done.
So without further delay here are my goals for 2016 (sorry this is so late):
- read to kids every night before bed
- after dinner devotions 5 days a week
- family night 1 time a week
- 1 on 1 time with each child
- taking time each day to talk, listen, & play with them
- date night once a month out
- encouraging note once a week
- pray daily for
- read to books on marriage
- workout 30 minutes 4 times per week
- read for a minimum of 20 minutes everyday
- journal daily
- do a devotion daily
- listen to a motivational podcast while cleaning
- get back to meal planning weekly
- get back to freezer/batch cooking monthly
- finish kids quilts
- daily cleaning (1 room per day)
- No screen time or chores on Sunday
- Completely switch to homemade personal care & baby products
- Pay off all consumer debt
- 2 months emergency savings
- Start making money from our homestead
- Start a craft business
- blog 3-5 times a week & put up 1 YouTube video a week
Some may look at this and wonder if I really scaled back. I can assure you yes I have. I also have some big dreams and goals financially that will take a lot of discipline but with support of my family and friends I know I can get them started.
Post any comments or questions below and THANK You for stopping by.