It has been a while since I have posted anything to my site (last fall was crazy). There were so many things going on and then the surprise of being pregnant came in September. My husband and I were in total shock. We had only had our son 5 months before and I have never had children less than 2 years apart.
Why, you ask? The reason being is I have had all c-sections and getting pregnant too soon and not giving my body time to heal can cause issues. So, as you can imagine, I was nervous and scared. The long 7 weeks leading up to my first appointment was hard.Since I have had 6 miscarriages every time I get pregnant it is very nerve wracking.
Our first appointment came and baby was healthy with a good strong heartbeat. We were somewhat relieved but we had been here before. Two of my miscarriages had good first ultrasounds but then at the next appointment had no heartbeat.
To make a long story short baby is still growing perfectly and has a healthy, strong heartbeat (even as I write this he is moving). I will be 21 weeks this Sunday and I am due in June. We found out we are having a boy. Currently, we have 1 girl and 3 boys. I was definitely not prepared for this surprise this soon but, as with all things, happens for a reason. Life will be VERY busy this summer! Bring on the craziness, I am ready.
This season of life will only be here for a short period of my life and I plan to take it all in. I want to enjoy every minute of it because life truly is a miracle. I want to be able to look back on my time with my kids at home and smile with no regrets.
So what’s the plan for my blog this year? Well, I definitely want to get into a schedule of posting 3-5 times a week. I really want my blog to inspire and uplift anyone who comes across it. I want to work on my writing skills too, as they are something I defiantly need to improve.
Some of the topics I want to write on are:
- Homesteading – We started homesteading last year and are slowly starting to see the fruits of our labor. I am hoping that sharing our journey will help and inspire others
- Homemaking – My routines that work for me, meal planning, cleaning, & parenting boys
- Natural Health – I use essential oils and herbs. I want to share how I use them and for what.
- Fitness & Healthy Eating – I currently use Beachbody products & love them. Sharing healthy eating with kids
- Homeschooling – What we use & homeschooling with boys. My daughter goes to public school and I will share why.
- Crafts & DIY – I love to sew, quilt, crochet, and I want to learn to knit. I would also love to have an Etsy store. Also share pintrest ideas i find & how they turned out.
- Frugal Living – We are currently working on getting out of debt using Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey. Share our successes & money saving tips that have worked for us.
As you can see there is alot I feel I have to say & share. There is just so much my family and I have been through and if I can give any insight on a topic and help just one other person, then this was worth it!
Please comment below if you have any questions or other topics you may be interested in and as always THANK YOU for stopping by.